Fail to start ‘PolyBase Engine’ and ‘PolyBase Data Movement’ if TCP/IP is disabled.
These two services are in stopped state or ‘Change pending’
Please enable SQL Server TCP/IP protocol and restart SQL Server service.
Published by Liwei
My name is Liwei, I was SQL Server MVP in 2010 and 2011. Then I joined Microsoft in 2011. Currently I am a SQL Server Support Escalation engineer. View all posts by Liwei
- Realcase:SQL Server Alwayson diagnostics log is not created.
- DBCC Stackdump–new feature
- Create a hybrid Distributed Availability group Between SQL Windows and SQL Linux
- Failed to restart Polybase Data Movement service after running sp_polybase_join_group
- Failed to create ‘CREATE EXTERNAL DATA SOURCE’
- Fail to start ‘PolyBase Engine’ and ‘PolyBase Data Movement’ if TCP/IP is disabled.
- Realcase: Failed to upgrade SQL Server 2016 SP2 CU11. (Installation success or error status: 1648)
- Connect SQL Server from Linux Client using Windows Authentication and troubleshoot steps
- Different AG groups have the exactly same group_id value if the group names are same and the ‘CLUSTER_TYPE = EXTERNAL/NONE’
- An example of SQL Linux Windows Authentication configuration using Managed Service Accounts